Melasma is a skin problem, characterize by dark, discolored patches predominantly on the face. This condition is more common in women than men, especially in pregnant women, hence also called as “mask of pregnancy.
• Dark, irregular patches on cheek, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead.
• These patches are darker than your usual skin color.
• Melasma doesn’t do any physical harm, but you may feel self-conscious about the way it looks.
4 Causes and Risk Factor of Melasma
• Pregnancy, and hormone therapy (birth control pills).
• Thyroid disease and stress and other hormonal disorders.
• Sun exposure: ultraviolet rays affect the cells that control pigment.
• The person with darker skin is at higher risk.
• Your dermatologist will help you and guide you about all the treatments options such as
• Chemical Peeling.
• Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion.
• Ultrasound facials with a combination of a topical cream.
• Laser treatment.
• Minimize your sun exposure and wear sunscreen every day with SPF 30
• Topical whitening agents such as hydroquinone and tretinoin (which should only be prescribed after physician evaluation due to some side effects)
If you need more information or would like to schedule an appointment with the doctor, please visit us at Shifa4U or contact us at (042) 111-748-748 or text on Whatsapp number +92-324 744 3248
Recommended Tests for Melasma