Acne is a skin disease that results in pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and nodules. It commonly occurs during puberty but can occur at any age. Common sites for acne are face, back, chest and shoulders.
• Fluctuating Hormone level is one of the main cause of acne. Rising androgen levels can cause the oil glands under the skin to grow and produces more sebum which promotes bacterial growth hence more acne.
• Use of oil-based makeup
• Irregular menstrual cycles
• Stress and anxiety
• Bad hygiene and unhealthy lifestyle
1. Gently wash your face twice daily with warm water and mild soap made especially for acne
2. Avoid touching your face frequently and do not touch if your hands are not clean
3. Don’t scrub the skin and avoid popping pimples as it would aggravate them and cause scarring and infection
4. Stay out of direct sunlight as it causes the skin to produce more sebum and use good quality sunscreen lotion if you need to go out in sun
5. Choose cosmetics recommended specifically for sensitive skin, avoid oil-based products and remove makeup before sleeping.
6. Avoid stress and anxiety as it increases production of cortisol and adrenaline, which in turn promotes acne.
7. Avoid using fragrances, oil and gels on your hair as they can block your skin ‘s pores and cause irritation
8. Stay hydrated, eat healthy diet and avoid junk food.
A complete blood count (CBC) is a blood test used to evaluate your overall health and detect a wide range of disorders, including anemia, infection and leukemia. Hemoglobin, the oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells ...
This ultrasound is commonly used to image the structures in your abdomen and pelvis including liver, spleen, kidney ...
The body uses 17-OH progesterone and certain enzymes to make cortisol, a hormone involved in stress and the fight-or-flight response.
Cardiovascular computed tomography (CT) is a very sensitive test that obtains detailed images of your heart and its blood vessels. It can help your doctor diagnose various heart conditions and heart anamolies. Please talk to your physician regarding ordering and more details about this test.
A test used to calculate calcium contents in the walls of the arteries that supply blood to your heart muscle. It shows the amount of hardening of the arterial wall (a disease called atherosclerosis). This test might help your doctor guide your treatment or any additional test that you might need to further look into you disease condition. Please talk to your physician regarding ordering and more details about this test.
Computed tomography (CT) of the abdomen is a diagnostic imaging test used to help detect diseases of the small bowel, large bowel and other internal organs, and is often used to determine the cause of unexplained abdominal pain. Please talk to your physician regarding ordering and more details about this test.